- Provides primary health care
- Accredited campus clinic through MOHSS
- Provide student health development workshops and programmes e.g.
- (First aid training, family planning, sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
Social Welfare Services
- Social welfare counselling
- Social welfare development workshops and programmes e.g.
- (Date Rape & Sexual Harassment, Relationships, Stress Management, Self-esteem)
- (New student Orientation, Alcohol & Substance Abuse, Violence against Women & Children)
- Student Mentoring Program
Student Counselling & HIV/AIDS Coordination
- Academic counselling and HIV/AIDS pre- & post-test counselling
- Academic development workshops and programmes, e.g.
- (Student Leadership, Study Skills, Exam Preparation)
- (HIV/AIDS Awareness Campaign, HIV/AIDS Peer Counselling Training)
- Mentor: NUST AIDS Awareness Club
Career Guidance Practitioner
- Provide career guidance counselling & job placement
- Individual & group counselling
- Career guidance development workshop and programmes, e.g.
- (CV Writing, Job Hunting Skills)
- (Career Fair, Mock Interviews)
- Internship for students
Accommodation, Sport & Culture
- Coordinate on campus accommodation
- Coordinate and supervise all sport and cultural activities
- Coordinate student governance through the SRC
- Coordinate all student disciplinary committees
Hostel & Kitchen Services
- Provide on campus accommodation
- Provide nutritional meals
- Hostel & kitchen maintenance
DEPARTMENT OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
In - bound Students Services:
Study Visas and Permits
- Advice prospective international students on study permits application procedures.
- The University has very limited on-campus accommodation.
- Department could be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a list of self-catering accommodation establishments close to campus.
- The Department in collaboration with the Department of Student Services and the Students Representative Council organise welcoming functions for all international students at the beginning of each semester. This is in addition to the University’s Orientation programme. The event provides an opportunity for the IR Department to welcome international students and facilitate that they meet national students to form friendships during their stay in Namibia, with the view to ensure a positive learning and staying experience.
Orientation and Buddy System
- International exchange and free mover students are assigned buddies on arrival at the University. The purpose is to ensure a smooth settling in experience and ensure integration into the NUST community.
Outbound Students Services:
The Department offers support services such as:
- Assistance in identifying partner institutions where an exchange can be undertaken;
- Facilitating contact between partner institutions and NUST students;
- Advising students on practical pre-departure matters;
- Maintaining contact with students and the host institution in order to monitor progress throughout the exchange period; and
- Debriefing students upon return from exchange programmes.