Partners - KNUST
- Provides primary health care
- Student’s clinic through University Hospital
- Provide all new students medical examination at the University Hospital within the period stipulated by the Director of University Health Services.
- Ghana Government sponsored students may receive free medical attention at the University Hospital. Such students are levied a fee each academic year for cost of drugs( subjects to review every year)
- Foreign and fee-paying students shall pay for medical attention receive at the University Hospital and shall be responsible for their own medical care.
- Freshmen of every new academic year may register with local schemes and bring along their cards to campus.
- Foreign students are to be registered by the university. Students with valid NHIS Cards need not register.
Social Welfare Services
- Social welfare counselling
- Social welfare development workshops and programmes e.g.
- (Date Rape & Sexual Harassment, Relationships, Stress Management, Self-esteem)
- (New student Orientation, Alcohol & Substance Abuse, Violence against Women & Children)
- Student Mentoring Program
Student Counselling & HIV/AIDS Coordination
- Academic counselling and HIV/AIDS pre- & post-test counselling
- Academic development workshops and programmes, e.g.
- (Student Leadership, Study Skills, Exam Preparation)
- (HIV/AIDS Awareness Campaign, HIV/AIDS Peer Counselling Training)
Career Guidance Practitioner
- Provide career guidance counselling & job placement
- Individual & group counselling
- Career guidance development workshop and programmes, e.g.
- (CV Writing, Job Hunting Skills)
- (Career Fair, Mock Interviews)
- Internship for students
Security on Campus
- Main Charge opened 24 hours a day all through the year
- Security personnel patrolling campus 24 hours a day
- Security Control Office near the Owusu Ansah Block
- Other Officers are on foot patrol, on motor bikes and in vehicles to respond to concerns and complaints dealing with illegal, disruptive, or dangerous behaviours.
Accommodation, Sport & Culture
- Coordinate on campus accommodation
- Coordinate and supervise all sport and cultural activities
- Coordinate student governance through the SRC & GRASAG
- Coordinate all student disciplinary committees
Hostel & Kitchen Services
- Provide on campus accommodation
- Restaurant and food joints which is nutritional meals
- Hostel & kitchen maintenance
- Laundry services for a fee
DEPARTMENT OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
In –bound Students Services:
Study Visas and Permits
- Advice prospective international students on study permits application procedures.
- The University has very limited on-campus accommodation.
- Department could be contacted at email@example.com to request a list of self-catering accommodation establishments close to campus.
- The Department in collaboration with the Department of Student Services and the Students Representative Council organise welcoming functions for all international students at the beginning of each semester. This is in addition to the University’s Orientation programme. The event provides an opportunity for the IR Department to welcome international students and facilitate that they meet national students to form friendships during their stay in Namibia, with the view to ensure a positive learning and staying experience.
Orientation and Buddy System
- International exchange and free mover students are assigned buddies on arrival at the University. The purpose is to ensure a smooth settling in experience and ensure integration into the KNUST community.
Outbound Students Services:
The Department offers support services such as:
- Assistance in identifying partner institutions where an exchange can be undertaken.
- Facilitating contact between partner institutions and NUST students.
- Advising students on practical pre-departure matters.
- Maintaining contact with students and the host institution to monitor progress throughout the exchange period; and
- Debriefing students upon return from exchange programmes.